NetSuite offers a few cloud-based solutions for e-commerce, namely SuiteCommerce, SuiteCommerce Advanced and Site Builder. These solutions integrate seamlessly with back office systems to deliver an omni channel brand experience and streamline operations. Some of the key benefits of switching to NetSuite for e-commerce are:
- Eliminate the need to juggle separate systems with a single platform for catalog, inventory, orders, fulfillment and invoicing
- Real-time business visibility by consolidating fragmented sources of data into a single repository, enabling management to make informed, timely business decisions
- 360°-view of the entire customer base, providing consistent and personalized service, building loyalty and strengthening relationships
- Manage orders from multiple channels – POS, web, call centre, mobile, kiosk – all in one place
- Enterprise-wide inventory visibility, helping eliminate stock-outs and excess inventory, facilitate rapid order fulfillment and capture lost sales
SuiteCommerce is the standard option for NetSuite eCommerce. It’s is easy to set up and comes with pre-designed templates and quick drag-and-drop editing functionality.
- Drag and drop editing capabilities
- B2B and B2C functionality
- SEO friendly
- Upsell, cross-sell, social-sharing, coupons, customized pricing and marketing functionalities
- Out-of-the-box responsiveness
- Built-in Content Delivery Network for faster loading times
- Integrations with Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
- Automatic upgrades to the latest version os SuiteCommerce
- SC Extensions help in quickly adding new site features and functionalities
SuiteCommerce Advanced (SCA) is the enterprise option in the SuiteCommerce offering. Similar to e-commerce platforms like Magento, SCA allows developers full access to core code, enabling customization for a unique shopping experience. Like with all other NetSuite e-commerce solutions, SCA unifies e-commerce with inventory and order management, customer support and financials – providing a single view of customer, orders, inventory and other critical business data.
- Engaging experiences across multiple devices
- Ecommerce is unified with NetSuite order and inventory management, CRM and ERP
- Complete access to core code gives developers a high level of customizability
- Pixel-perfect design capabilities and unlimited layout control
- SEO-friendly with customizable H1, title, meta tags, SEO-friendly URL links and Schema.org markup to increase click-through rates
- Supports multiple languages, currencies, taxes, international shipping prices and customs documentation
- Build complex customizations that go beyond the scope fo the extensibility framework
- Offers customers numerous payment options including credit cards, coupons, gift cards and invoicing
Key decisions to make before switching:
With offerings to suit businesses of varying sizes and budgets, NetSuite is a strong choice for an e-commerce platform. Some questions you would need to ask before moving from your current e-commerce platform to NetSuite are:
- Do you want to replicate your current website as is, or do you want to take the opportunity to add new features and refresh the look and feel?
- Do you want to keep the current processes as is, or are you open to making changes as per NetSuite best practices?
- What is the budget and timeline you are targeting?
- Are you opting for SuiteCommerce or SuiteCommerce Advanced?.
- Who will implement your new website? The right partner can make all the difference here – a partner with platform and domain experience and a dedicated SuiteCommerce development team will help drive the implementation to success.
- What data restructuring and prep must you do to get ready for the switch?
- How will you announce the change to your customers and ensure a seamless transition?
What to look for in a SuiteCommerce implementation partner:
Any certified, reputable NetSuite partner worth their salt should be able to service the full spectrum of your e-commerce needs; starting from advisory/consulting all the way to development, implementation and custom integrations. Here is a checklist that a NetSuite e-commerce partner must tick off:
- End-to-end website development on the SuiteCommerce platform
- Remote website management and administration
- Website enhancements, optimization and updates
- Best practices advisory
- Ad-hoc customization services
- Custom extensions
- Roadmap planning
- Release testing
The Tvarana team of SuiteCommerce experts provide all these services and more! If you’re looking to switch over to NetSuite for your e-commerce needs, schedule a consultation with us today.