Dell Boomi is a cloud based integration platform that connects the cloud to on-premise applications and data. It also helps integrate different cloud based applications. Founded in 2000 as an integration-platform-as-a-service solution (IPaaS), Boomi was acquired by Dell in 2010. In order to transfer data between the cloud and on-premise applications, the Dell Boomi platform enables customers to design cloud-based integration processes called Atoms. Their Integration Cloud was hence called the Atomsphere. The Atmosphere was built from the ground up to be a versatile, robust multi-tenant hosted platform that can simultaneously balance the smallest integration requirements with the demands of very complex integrations.
(Read more about Tvarana integrations)
What are the features of the Dell Boomi platform?
- Drag-and-drop UI: One of Boomi’s key differentiators is its simple user interface that is 100% browser-based. The platform allows users to build integrations with speed and ease by simple point-and-click and drag-and-drop gestures, with the need for coding being eliminated in many cases. Users can login anywhere without the need for any special tools.
- Native connectors: Boomi uses ‘connectors’ to integrate source and target systems. A connector is a packaged API driver that can be easily configured and used in the Boomi environment without coding. There are pre-built connectors for many cloud environments, including Salesforce, Netsuite, Zuora amongst others. There are generic connectors for all the major DMBS – Oracle, SQLServer, and MYSQL.
- Templates: In case of standard integrations, for example NetSuite customers to Salesforce accounts, Boomi has a set of pre-prepared templates that can be used. This is called the Boomi Process Library. These are readily available to users, and simply need to be downloaded, installed and configured to the accounts being integrated.
- Improves productivity: Boomi eliminates mundane, time consuming and error prone tasks, freeing up users to focus on value-added tasks. Customers can therefore integrate faster, and also accelerate data transformation.The Boomi platform removes the need to start tasks from scratch. It is much easier and faster to use processes that have already been built, and just add or delete as necessary. Operational intelligence, reusable business logic, and data flow recommendations simplify the integration process and error resolution. Boomi’s cloud-native infrastructure allows users to rapidly deploy integrations within weeks, days, or even hours.
How can Dell Boomi help your business?
- Boomi’s pre-built connectors and templates cut down on development time, and time to market is faster compared to the native development with better performance. Being built on the Cloud, Boomi also allows businesses to scale quickly.
- For growing businesses that connect to multiple systems, all integrations are available in a single place. Dell Boomi’s cloud-based solution with operational intelligence helps users to monitor integrations from anywhere.
- Boomi provides data in real-time across any combination of cloud-based or on-premise systems and allows users to move data securely in all formats.
Tvarana’s Certified Dell Boomi Developers have the solution for your business’ integration needs. Contact us here.